Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cannot Sin?

‘Mid-Acts-ers’ apply being ‘born of God’ to Israel, never us Gentiles (John 1:11-13). They teach that Peter, James, and John ministered only to Israel (Gal 2:9), not us Gentiles. Those are 2 sure ways to totally eliminate having to deal with 2 verses, in particular, in John’s 1st epistle:

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Since I came out from being a ‘mid-Acts-er’ .... I am willing to reevaluate every doctrine I held, and take a fresh look at each issue .... without the ‘mid-Acts’ paradigm. I found MANY areas where they are, and I WAS, wrong. I admit it is much EASIER and more CONVENIENT to just throw these away, but that is not the right thing to do. So here is my understanding.

The Greek word [dikaioo] that is translated ‘freed’ in Rom 6:7 is written 40 times in scripture. It is translated ‘justified’ 37 times, ‘justifier’ 1 time, ‘be righteous’ 1 time, and ‘freed’ 1 time. Paul teaches in Romans that we are dead and ‘justified’ (freed) from sin. Therefore, we understand that sin cannot be ‘charged’ to us. We are released from it. We are detached from it. Sin cannot be on our account:

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed (Greek [dikaioo]) from sin.

Rom 8:10-11 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Thus, in essence, we, who are dead (to sin) and yet alive (to God),
do not commit sin.


This is David Dowell saying, "Think about it!"

Followers